Off-lead fun in our secure dog field
Are you looking for somewhere to allow your dog some off-lead exercise?
Would you like them to be able to run and play in a securely fenced area?
Are you training your dog in obedience or recall?
Our secure exercise paddock may be just what you need …
“Coopers” is a flat grass field adjacent to our car park (outlined in yellow) and fenced to RSPCA guidelines.
The field is open 7 days a week and can be hired for 30 or 60 minute sessions, between 8.30am and 4.30pm.
Hire fees are £5.00 per 30 minute session and £7.50 per 60 minutes. Sessions are for up to 2 dogs, but you can bring a maximum of 5, with £2.50 extra charge for each additional dog – please choose the correct option when booking. We request at least 2 adults accompany groups of 4-5 dogs for safety reasons.
All hire fees come direct to our Branch funds, to support the Venton Centre and our animal welfare work in Cornwall.
We have some terms and conditions, which we will ask you to abide by, intended to keep you and your dog(s) safe and ensure other users or those working at the Centre are not adversely affected by hire of the field.
Please Note: There have been several incidents when customers using Coopers are moving between the field and cars with their dog off lead. You are requested to ensure all dogs are on leads until they are safely inside Coopers with both gates closed, and again when returning to your vehicle. Sadly, if these rules cannot be observed, we may have to close the field which would be a great shame. Your co-operation is expected and appreciated.
All sessions must be booked via the secure booking package (below) and payment made through Paypal. There is no option to book or pay at the Centre, so please ensure your confirmation email is received prior to arriving for your session.
We will require a copy of the current vaccination certificate for each dog that will accompany you. We reserve the right to cancel your booking if the vaccination certificate is not uploaded when you complete your 1st booking. This will also need to be renewed when your annual boosters are done. When you book, you will be redirected to the form to upload this information. Please note: You only need to do this once and update when vaccinations are renewed, so when you make subsequent bookings please close this form without completing it.
On completion of your booking, you will receive an email confirmation.
Please read our T&Cs and once you are ready to book, please see details at the bottom of the page.
We reserve the right to refuse bookings from anyone that does not comply with our terms and conditions.
It is understood that you accept these terms and conditions each time you use the field. Your booking is therefore deemed as your agreement.
- Booking and payment can only be processed through the online booking page and Paypal.
- All dogs using the field must be accompanied by a responsible adult (18+). For groups of 4+ dogs, we request at least 2 adults accompany them for safety reasons.
- Children are welcome, but must be supervised at all times and must not be allowed to climb fences or gates.
- Every reasonable precaution is taken to ensure the safety of all users, but we cannot be held responsible for accidents or injuries to persons or dogs using the field. We recommend that you have public liability insurance, which is often this is included in your home or pet insurance.
- Please report any accident or injury to us immediately by contacting the Centre Duty Manager (number displayed on field noticeboard).
- For the safety of all users, no glass containers are to be brought into the premises.
- All dogs MUST be on a lead until you are safely inside the field with both gates closed and back on a lead before leaving the field.
- As you enter the field, please turn around the “Occupied” sign to show the red side towards the car park and vice-versa when you leave. This is a visual warning for our staff and other field users that you are present.
- Dogs must not be allowed out of your vehicle until the previous user has vacated the field and safely inside their vehicle.
- Please ensure your dogs are loaded back into your vehicle by the end of your booked time slot to prevent delays to the next user.
- The field shelter contains first aid kit and emergency contact numbers should you require them.
- Your booking entitles you and your dog(s) to use the field, but gives no right of access to any other part of the Centre premises. If you need to contact the Centre at any time during your booking, please ring our Duty Manager (number on field noticeboard).
- During your booking, our staff and volunteers will be exercising other dogs, so please be vigilant when moving between your vehicle and the field. Please do not approach anyone you may see out with Centre dogs.
- All users must clean up after their dogs – bags are available, but it would be appreciated if you could bring your own and use the bin provided. All litter should be taken away when you leave.
- Please do not leave any dog unattended or tethered.
- The field may become muddy or slippery in wet weather, so appropriate footwear is advised.
- Whilst the field is secure, we cannot guarantee complete security for every dog and cannot be held responsible should your dog escape. In the unlikely event an escape, please immediately notify the Duty Manager (number on field noticeboard).
- You must not bring any dog that has a cough, appears unwell or is known to have an infectious disease.
- All vehicles are parked at owner’s risk and we cannot be held responsible for accidents, damage or loss incurred to vehicles or their contents.
- Any damage to the field area, gates or fencing must be reported to the Duty Manager immediately.
- The maximum number of dogs permitted to use the field at any time is 5.
- The person making the booking is responsible for all persons and dogs attending their session.
- Sessions cannot be extended or refunded for late arrival.
- If we have to close the field due to poor weather or technical reasons, we will notify you as soon as possible and re-book or fully refund as required.
- All dogs using the field must have up to date immunisations and you must upload a copy of their current vaccination certificate at the time of your 1st booking. Please ensure you update this when your dog has its annual boosters.
- RSPCA Cornwall Branch reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions of use at any time.
Extra requests under Covid-19
Although formal Covid-19 rules are no longer in force, we would appreciate it if you would observe the following:
- Please supply your own water and bowls and remove at the end of the session.
- Similarly, please bring your own dog toys/balls and ensure you take these away with you.
- If you or any of your family are showing any symptoms of Covid-19, please do not book with us for at least 10 days.
- If you have been away on holiday, with or without your dog, please do not book with us for at least 10 days after your return.
- If you have booked in advance and develop any symptoms, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request to re-arrange your booking to a date at least 10 days later. We can also refund your fee if this is not possible.
- Any refunds will be processed via Paypal and can take up to 14 days to return to your account.
Should you need to cancel your booking, please contact email@example.com as soon as possible. Your booking will be refunded, less 10% admin fee to cover Paypal business charges and processing. It can take up to 14 working days for the refund to appear in your Paypal account.
Should RSPCA Cornwall Branch need to cancel your booking, we can offer you an alternative date or refund your booking fee in full.
All refunds are processed via Paypal back to the payee and can take up to 14 days to show in that account.
RSPCA Cornwall Branch requires some of your personal data to allow you to book with us, including your name, address, phone number and email, and a copy of your dog’s vaccination records. This data is required to be able to contact you in the event of a query over you booking.
Your data is stored within our online booking system and retained securely. We will not share your data or use it for purposes other than for managing your use of the field.
Your booking with us is deemed as your agreement to us using the personal data provided to manage your bookings.