Help for Pet owners from other organisations

In instances where the Cornwall Branch may be unable to assist you, the following gives other options you can contact for help, support and advice.

RSPCA Cornwall Branch has no affiliation with any of these other charities or organisations, so cannot recommend or endorse them.  Please contact them direct for more information on the support they may be able to offer.

Blue Cross

Veterinary Care Fund – help with vet fees up to £300. Vet must register for the scheme and contact Blue Cross on clients behalf.

Pet Bereavement Service

For anyone who has lost a pet.

Pet Food Bank

Various locations (website has a searchable map function). Free pet food to anyone struggling with feeding their dogs and cats. From dedicated Blue Cross food banks, no vouchers are required but they also give food to partner agencies that may require some sort of proof / voucher or referral.

Dogs Trust (dogs only)

Hope Project (via Dogs Trust)

Help with veterinary fees for any dog owners who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. Owners must register their dogs and self refer. Two dogs per owner only.

Also provide details of dog friendly homeless services.

Behaviour Support Line (via Dogs Trust)

Gives free telephone behaviour advice to owners experiencing dog behavioural issues.

Cats Protection

Cat neutering and microchipping for £10. For means tested, low income (under £25,000 household) or full time student living away from home. Participating vets only – searchable on website.

Paws to Listen

Pet loss listening service to discuss issues of grief and loss including bereavement, missing, rehomed or nearing end of life / euthanasia.


Animal fostering service for victim-survivors of domestic abuse.


Provide vet care to owners with no fixed abode. This includes individuals regularly sleeping rough, using night shelters, hostels, living in tents or cars, occupying short-term squats or sofa surfing. They run regular outreach sessions in Penzance, Redruth, Truro, Newquay and St Austell. Owners are required to fill in a form (we are able to do this on their behalf if we have all the information).